Ronda Rousey has revealed which fanbase is better between WWE and UFC.
Former SmackDown Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey has conquered the world of MMA and pro wrestling. She holds the honor of being the first woman to main event a UFC event and headline WrestleMania.
Rousey has also had to deal with the best and worst of both WWE and UFC fanbases, so that makes her the perfect person to ask which fans she prefers.
Speaking on her latest gaming stream, the Baddest Woman On The Planet was asked which fanbase is better: WWE or UFC?
“I would say that the WWE fans care more about the wrestlers than the UFC fans care more about the fighters. UFC fans have much less respect for the veterans and legends of the sport than WWE fans do. A lot of UFC fans are kind of like bandwagon fans in that way. The second you’re not on top, you’re dead to them. Where WWE fans are like, ‘this is the guy that did this 20 years ago’ and are still really excited whereas UFC fans now are like, ‘Forrest Griffin sucks.’ Uhh, you owe basically the whole sport to him. S*** like that. ‘Anderson Silva sucks. GSP [Georges St-Pierre] sucks.’ These are people that elevated the sport and paved the way for everybody else. I don’t see UFC fans having the same respect for people that got the sport to where it is as WWE fans. I’m not saying it’s completely absent, I’m just saying I see more respect for legends in WWE fans than UFC fans. There are exceptions to everything.”
Ronda Rousey was inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame in 2018.
Rousey will compete for the SmackDown Women’s Championship in an Extreme Rules Match against Liv Morgan at the titular event on October 8.
Stay up to date with Ronda Rousey’s win-loss record in 2022 (for televised matches) at this link.
Transcription via Fightful
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Slammed For Being A ‘Disrespectful Ripoff’
- WWE Hall Of Famer Criticizes ‘Childish Stuff’ From The Elite
- WWE Spoils Return, AEW Stars Considering Leaving, CM Punk Scrapped Plans Revealed – News Bulletin – November 30, 2022
- Tony Khan Announces Newest AEW Signing
- Ric Flair Calls Fellow WWE Hall Of Famer ‘An Arrogant Prick’
- Vince McMahon’s Reaction To WWE Spending $30,000 On Crazy Purchase
- NXT Star Shocks Fans Calling Fellow Star ‘C*nty’
- The Undertaker Says Current WWE Star Has ‘Never Been A Bigger Star’
- The Usos Hit Another Insane WWE Milestone
- Tony Khan Open To This WWE Hall Of Famer Wrestling For AEW