AEW Executive Vice President and current TNT Champion Cody has a long history with the NWA, with both he and his father Dusty Rhodes being champions for the historic promotion.
Cody still has very strong links with the NWA, and its now being rumoured that a former NWA World Television Champion has signed with AEW, and will be debuting soon.
The former champion in question is Ricky Starks, who held the belt for just two days in January 2020 after the strap had been reactivated for the first time since 1991.
He left the NWA in May 2020, and has since described himself as one of the hottest free agents in wrestling during an appearance on Busted Open Radio.
Starks has appeared several times as a jobber for WWE, and has wrestled across North America for several years, appearing for promotions such as Inspire Pro Wrestling and Anarchy Championship Wrestling.
The rumour is that he will challenge Cody in an upcoming TNT Championship Open Challenge, and while there has been no confirmation that he has signed a deal, a match with Cody could point towards the rumours being true.
Do you think Starks would be a good signing for AEW? Let us know in the comments on Facebook or Twitter.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Tony Khan Provides Update On AEW’s Standing Following Warner Bros Discovery Merger
- Cody Rhodes Planned As WWE 2K23 Cover Star?
- Alexa Bliss Reports “Fan” For Death Threats
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Sonny Kiss ‘Still Believes AEW Is For Everyone’ Despite Long TV Hiatus
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- WWE SmackDown Star Ludwig Kaiser Undergoes Another Name Change
- Mia Yim Says ‘WWE Likes To Fix S**t That Isn’t Broken’
- Unused Jeff Hardy SVR 2010 Road to WrestleMania Story Outlines