The scrapped plans for a Chris Jericho AEW tag team, prior to his recent heel turn, have now been revealed.
Jericho officially turned heel on the March 9 edition of Dynamite, forming the Jericho Appreciation Society with Jake Hager, Daniel Garcia, and Angelo Parker & Matt Menard of 2.0.
Per Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Jericho was originally slated to team with Eddie Kingston following the duo’s bout at AEW Revolution:
“He also said the original booking idea was to build to he and Eddie Kingston becoming a babyface tag team after their feud, but Jericho saw 2.0 and saved Jake Hager who would have been otherwise lost and went in the new direction back as a heel.”
At Double or Nothing, the Jericho Appreciation Society defeated Eddie Kingston, Santana, Ortiz & Blackpool Combat Club in an Anarchy in the Arena bout.
Following pitches for Blood & Guts and Hair vs Hair matches, Jericho teased a new entrance theme during a dark segment on Wednesday’s (June 1) edition of Dynamite.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2022 at this link.
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement From Boxing
- Former WWE Referee Scott Armstrong Appears On IMPACT Emergence
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw
- NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 Results
- Kris Statlander Reveals She Requires Surgery For ‘Completely Torn ACL’
- Results For NXT Level Up August 12, 2022
- Report: Bray Wyatt ‘Likely Back’ In WWE Soon
- FTW & Tag Team Championships Will Be Defended On AEW Rampage August 19
- Finn Balor Says He Will Be In Cardiff For Clash At The Castle
- Kerry Morton Says Ric Flair Told Him He Was ‘His Number One Draft Pick’ In Professional Wrestling