A WWE star feels people will appreciate them more after SummerSlam.
At WWE Money In The Bank 2023, Shayna Baszler betrayed her best friend Ronda Rousey to cost them the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships.
This has led to a MMA Rules showdown at WWE SummerSlam this Saturday at Detroit’s Ford Field.
Speaking with the New York Post, Baszler admitted that she feels people will appreciate her more if she sends Rousey away following their bout. She said:
“I think if I take care of Ronda and shut her up and maybe she does go away, I think for a second, people are gonna appreciate me a little bit.”
“I don’t think I’m the type of person who’s ever gonna be a babyface in the way a Liv Morgan is or a Kairi Sane, these super sympathetic [figures]. But I think I can be people’s hero if they want it to be. Am I trying to do that? Not necessarily.”
As previously reported, Jeremy Borash worked as a producer on the Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler video packages on the July 31 episode of WWE Raw.
For the full lineup for the WWE SummerSlam 2023 premium live event, click here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Backstage News On Change To Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) AEW Entrance Music
- Scrapped Championship Win Plans For Released WWE Star Revealed
- Major Spoiler For Jade Cargill WWE Debut?
- Which WWE Brand Jade Cargill Is Expected To Debut On Revealed
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Tony Khan Interested In Free Agent Rumored To Join AEW Or WWE
- WWE Removes Edge (AEW’s Adam Copeland) From Another Big Spot
- Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) AEW Debut Reaches Impressive Media Numbers
- Unseen Footage Of Surprise Return On WWE Raw