An update has emerged on WWE creative ahead of Friday’s (April 7) edition of SmackDown, following recent WWE changes.
Following the announcement that Endeavor has acquired a majority stake in WWE and will be merging WWE and UFC into one sports entertainment company, fans have been waiting to see what effects the acquisition will have on the TV product.
After Monday’s edition of WWE Raw, it was heavily speculated that Vince McMahon had contributed to WWE creative for the show, especially with the number of last-minute changes to the lineup.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), higher-ups they spoke with on April 8 indicated that they both believed and hoped that this week’s SmackDown would be a Triple H show.
Higher ups that we spoke to Thursday believed and hoped that Smackdown would return to the version of the show we saw since Triple H took over.
Triple H is set to ‘address the WWE Universe’ on Friday’s episode. Several other big segments have been announced, including a Sami Zayn vs Jey Uso singles match.
Stay up to date with all information about the WWE and UFC merger under Endeavor right here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Hall Of Famer Reacts To Trinity Fatu Tribute At IMPACT Under Siege 2023
- Big Update On WWE World Heavyweight Championship Lineage After Seth Rollins’ Win
- Cody Rhodes Shares Message Ahead Of Brock Lesnar Match At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Roman Reigns Shares Final Message Before WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Paul Heyman Breaks Silence After Jimmy Uso Bloodline Betrayal
- VIDEO: Jimmy Uso Turns On Roman Reigns, Jey Uso Reacts
- Ex-NXT Star Helps Trish Stratus Beat Becky Lynch At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Former Champion Becomes A Free Agent, Multiple Promotions Interested
- AEW Star Opens Up About Fears That He’d Be Forced To Retire
- WWE Crowns New World Heavyweight Champion At Night Of Champions