Stone Cold Steve Austin has reflected on his match with Kevin Owens in the main event of WrestleMania 38 Saturday.
During their scheduled KO Show segment, Kevin Owens challenged Austin to an impromptu No Holds Barred contest.
Austin accepted Owens’ challenge, and after a 14 minute brawl across the arena, hit Owens with his iconic Stunner to secure the victory.
In a backstage WWE interview, Austin said that he was grateful for the opportunity to finish his wrestling career in front of the Texas crowd, noting.
“I came here looking for anything. This is where I started and I was lucky enough to finish here. KO is outstanding, but he ran his mouth a little too much and it finally caught up with him. It was an honor to be here on such a stacked card with so many great matches.
You just love the crowd, you love the crowd, the guys and gals before me had so many great matches. It’s really hard to follow that, but you live and die by that crowd. This crowd is so faithful, so loyal, so rambunctious, they’re behind everything you do.
“I give a shout out to the WWE superstars that worked before me and will work tomorrow night, but I give the biggest shout out to the crowd because I never expected to headline a WrestleMania at this day and time. It’s all about the WWE Universe.”
This match was reportedly produced by by Michael Hayes. Check out the full producer list from WrestleMania 38 Saturday right here.
Transcription via Fightful.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- Update On How To Watch AEW Collision In The United Kingdom
- CM Punk Dedicates Impending AEW Return To WWE Hall Of Famer
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Incredible Brock Lesnar Gesture At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- Top Champion Names Drew McIntyre As Potential Title Challenger
- AEW Star Wants ‘One More Run’ As A Wrestler
- Absent AEW Star ‘Not Being Brought Up Creatively’
- Paul Heyman Describes ‘Method Acting’ With Current AEW Star