WWE Hall of Famer Teddy Long has named a backstage WWE role he thinks Randy Orton would be great for.
Orton has been out of action with a serious back injury since May.
While he recently received surgery, the in-ring future of the wrestling veteran is uncertain.
In an interview on Sportskeeda’s One on One, former onscreen general manager Teddy Long noted that he believes that Orton would be a valuable asset to the WWE Performance Center.
Pitching for Orton to work with the young talent in NXT, Long said:
“Well, he could become a mentor. They got a lot of young guys there, a lot of young kids that need talking to, need learning, need training.
“And that’s what I’m saying, a lot of young kids they got in NXT that really need the knowledge and the help.
“So Randy would be great in that field. Helping the young kids with their matches, he’s a good promo man; he could help you with that and also, as I said, a lot with the ring work.”
Bob Orton Jr, Randy’s father, recently shared an update on Randy Orton post-surgery, which you can read about right here.
There is currently no timetable on Orton’s return.
For a full tracker of all currently injured WWE stars, click here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Potential Spoiler For WWE Royal Rumble Return
- Report: Lawsuit Filed Against Top AEW Star & AEW
- Report: WWE Drops Naughty Tag Team Name
- Popular WWE Series Comes To An End
- Report: Notable Promotion Sends WWE Cease & Desist Over Attempting To Contact Its Wrestlers
- Bray Wyatt Opens Up About What Undertaker Told Him At WWE Raw 30
- Report: What Vince McMahon Is Doing At His Office At WWE HQ Revealed
- Big E WWE Update Ahead Of Royal Rumble
- Big Name Set To Appear On SmackDown January 27
- Report: Matt Riddle Out Of Rehab, Could Make WWE Return Soon