Raw star The Miz has recalled WWE wanting him to become a commentator early in his wrestling career.
The Miz is one of WWE’s most decorated stars, notably earning all of the accolades needed to become a Grand Slam Champion at least two times each.
Speaking with Brian Baumgartner on Off The Beat, A-Lister revealed that after his stint on Tough Enough in 2004, WWE wanted to put him behind the announcer’s desk.
The Miz said:
“I’ll never forget, they were like, ‘You impressed us so much that maybe there is something for you here.’ They brought me up to Connecticut to commentate.
“Joey Styles brought me up with Todd Grisham and Michael Cole, they brought me up and I had to do a take of commentating.
“They told me, ‘we might bring you in as a commentator or interviewer.’ It was the first time I said, ‘but I want to be a WWE Superstar.’ They didn’t look at me like a WWE Superstar, they looked at me as a personality.
“I saw something different, ‘I love what you guys do and you do a great job, but I want to be bigger than The Rock and bigger than (Hulk) Hogan. I want to be a Superstar.’ ‘Alright, okay.'”
The Miz most recently wrestled on the November 28 edition of Raw, losing to Dexter Lumis.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker right here.
Transcription via Fightful.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- Major WWE Star Considered Retirement At WrestleMania 39
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- WWE NXT Spoilers For Tuesday March 28
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- Goldberg’s Next Move Revealed?