According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, AEW had to shave a lot of time off the Blood and Guts match that main evented the show last night between The Pinnacle and The Inner Circle.
Meltzer notes that rather than the intended five minutes, the Dax Harwood vs. Sammy Guevara opening sequence only went four minutes, which Bryan Alvarez speculated could be because the Kenny Omega promo segment went long. They said:
Meltzer: “They shaved a lot of time by the way. It was actually about four minutes (instead of five for the opening Dax Harwood vs Sammy Guevara portion).”
Alvarez: “It was probably because that Kenny Omega segment went too long.”
Meltzer: “Could be.”
If you use this quote or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com for the transcription and link to this page
Interestingly, last night’s Blood and Guts match has been met with mixed reaction online.
While some people very much enjoyed it, a portion of the audience has taken to social media to say that the match was actually somewhat underwhelming.
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For August 12
- Tony Khan Addresses Rumors About AEW Backstage Unhappiness
- Tony Khan Provides Clarification On Huge Rumored Change To AEW Pay-Per-Views
- CM Punk Returns On AEW Dynamite Quake By The Lake
- Amari Miller Deletes Twitter After Controversial Sasha Banks Comment Causes Huge Backlash
- Freddie Prinze Jr Wanted Karrion Kross As His First Champion
- AEW Trios Championship Tournament Bracket Revealed
- Britt Baker Fuels Speculation About MJF With Recent Instagram Post
- Miro Argues WWE Schedule Is ‘Too Much’
- AEW Dark Elevation Spoilers For August 15