According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, AEW had to shave a lot of time off the Blood and Guts match that main evented the show last night between The Pinnacle and The Inner Circle.
Meltzer notes that rather than the intended five minutes, the Dax Harwood vs. Sammy Guevara opening sequence only went four minutes, which Bryan Alvarez speculated could be because the Kenny Omega promo segment went long. They said:
Meltzer: “They shaved a lot of time by the way. It was actually about four minutes (instead of five for the opening Dax Harwood vs Sammy Guevara portion).”
Alvarez: “It was probably because that Kenny Omega segment went too long.”
Meltzer: “Could be.”
If you use this quote or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com for the transcription and link to this page
Interestingly, last night’s Blood and Guts match has been met with mixed reaction online.
While some people very much enjoyed it, a portion of the audience has taken to social media to say that the match was actually somewhat underwhelming.
- WWE In Talks With Potential Big Signing
- Seth Rollins Opens Up On Issues With CM Punk & Whether He’d Work With Him
- WWE Debuting New Show Update
- AEW Star Reacts To Claims He’s Been Fined For His Conduct
- Popular Star Discussed For WWE Main Roster Call-Up
- Randy Orton Tag Team Match Announced For WWE SmackDown
- Tony Khan Criticized Backstage Over ‘Shock’ AEW Firing
- Top WWE Star Considering ‘A Number Of Things’ Ahead Of Contract Expiring
- WWE ‘Very High’ On Rising Star’s Progress
- Update On Top WWE Star Expected For Imminent Return