Tommaso Ciampa has sent an emotional message to Johnny Gargano, ahead of their match during tonight’s NXT WarGames.
On the December 5 show, Ciampa will team with Gargano, Pete Dunne & LA Knight to do battle with Bron Breakker, Carmelo Hayes, Grayson Waller & Tony D’Angelo.
Gargano reportedly signed a one-week contract extension so that he could compete tonight, meaning his current WWE deal is set to expire on Friday (December 10).
The NXT Champion has now taken to Instagram with a collage of major moments from his and Gargano’s WWE careers, from their on-screen debuts in 2015, to their hug following NXT TakeOver: New York in 2019. Thanking his former tag-team partner for the memories, Ciampa captioned the photo:
“If tonight is the last time we share a ring together, then I’ve got two words for you… #thankyou”
View this post on Instagram
It isn’t currently known whether Gargano plans to re-sign with WWE, or intends to let his deal expire. Contract talks between the former NXT Champion and WWE began in October, and Gargano is reportedly ‘exploring all options‘ regarding his future.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn
- Popular Wrestling Database Site Announces Changes Due To AEW, WWE Fan Tribalism