AEW President Tony Khan has confirmed Bret Hart’s AEW return status after various reports.
As previously mentioned, Bret Hart recently signed a merchandising deal with WWE that might keep him from returning to All Elite Wrestling.
Speaking with TSN, Tony Khan confirmed that the WWE Hall of Famer would not be returning to the company right now.
“Not right now. I think Bret himself said that,” Khan said of the seven-time world champion. “First of all, we have a great respect for Bret Hart as a company and as individuals. A lot of the wrestlers here and myself respect Bret Hart as a great person and a great wrestler. He would always be somebody we would treasure whenever he’s around. He was involved in the first Double or Nothing (in 2019, when he unveiled the AEW World Championship for the first time). He said he’s happy at home right now. It’s a great thing he’s got going and we’ve just got so much respect for Bret Hart.”
Hart has said that while he would love to return to AEW, he is “happy at home”, which you can read here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- Top NXT Star To Challenge Seth Rollins For WWE World Heavyweight Championship
- New Name For WWE Faction Revealed
- Major Change To Seth Rollins’ Upcoming Marvel Movie
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- Another Championship Match Announced For June 7 AEW Dynamite
- Top Star Wants ‘Correct Amount Of Money’ For CM Punk Forbidden Door Match
- Solo Sikoa Hints At Jey Uso’s Potential Bloodline Future
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- VIDEO: Shawn Michaels Congratulates NXT Star After Big Battle Royal Win