AEW President Tony Khan has spoken very highly of MJF, his mind for the business, and a number of signings he recommended to Khan.
MJF lost at All Out last night in a match that Chris Jericho won to save his in-ring career.
During the post-show scrum, Khan said:
“When he first started in AEW he was one of our top young stars, and at some point a long time ago he went from being one of our top young stars to being one of our top stars. You hear me talk about our top young stars, there’s a reason I almost never say his name, because he’s one of our top stars period even though he’s one of the youngest wrestlers here.
“The experience he’s gained, he’s a veteran, he is a leader in the locker room, not just bell-to-bell, not just the matches he puts together. People turn to him for advice like a veteran.
“The amount of people he’s recommended to me. People that went to Create A Pro that he trained (at). (He) recommended Kris Statlander and Leyla Hirsch to me personally. He called me up on the phone and recommended both of them.
“He recommended… I called him asking about Max Caster and Anthony Bowens and he gave me references and then I said, ‘Do they get along with each other?’ (laughs), and he said, ‘I don’t know’, and I said, ‘Well I have an idea’. And Bear Country. A number of people he’s given me references because he’s got a great mind for it.”
If you use this quote or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
We’ll continue to cover more quotes coming out of the media scrum from Tony Khan and others so keep an eye out for some interesting comments throughout the day.
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Tony Khan Officially Announces Parker Boudreaux Is All Elite
- Karrion Kross References Release In Promo On SmackDown
- Swerve Strickland Reacts To Hit Row WWE Return On SmackDown
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement From Boxing
- Talent Believe The WWE Draft Is Coming After Clash At The Castle
- Former WWE Referee Scott Armstrong Appears On IMPACT Emergence
- Another Legal Update On Jeff Hardy DUI Case
- NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 Results
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw