Tony Khan has noted that he’d prioritise a Warner Bros Discovery network for a Ring of Honor television deal.
Both AEW Dynamite and Rampage air on networks owned by Warner, with Dynamite airing Wednesdays on TBS, and Rampage on Fridays on TNT.
Speaking with Steve Fall at NBC Sports Boston, Khan noted that he does plan to bring back weekly ROH TV.
Discussing AEW’s partnership with Warner Bros Discovery, Khan said:
“I would absolutely love to get a weekly Ring of Honor series going and I think we’ve shown there is interest in that. I think there would be a great option, I think TV or streaming, and there’ll be a lot of great people you could look to for that. But to me, I would look first and foremost, and really concentrate on Warner Brothers Discovery because they’ve been a great media partner to AEW.”
ROH recently had its second pay-per-view under the Tony Khan banner, Death Before Dishonor. The event was headlined by an FTR vs Briscoes 2/3 Falls ROH Tag Team Championship bout.
Discussing the success of the pay-per-view, Khan said:
“We don’t have the cable satellite numbers yet, but right now, for what we have digitally, it’s over 27,000 buys just digital, and that would be near the all-time highs for Ring of Honor. I’m very proud of it. What we built is something totally separate from AEW.
“We resurrected Ring of Honor, which is a company that, frankly, had fallen on hard times. We have a lot of fans up here in the North East, including around Boston and around New England. I think there’s a lot of great wrestling fans, a lot of Ring of Honor fans, happy to see we kept Ring of Honor alive.”
Former ROH World Champion Jonathan Gresham has reportedly asked for his release. Details recently emerged on Gresham’s meeting with Tony Khan prior to Death Before Dishonor, which you can read about right here.
Transcription via WrestlingNews.co.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- Did Swerve Strickland Beat Orange Cassidy For The AEW International Championship
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Referee Bump In AEW Dynamite Main Event Leads To Controversial Finish
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For June 9, 2023
- The Rock Shares Condolences To Iron Sheik’s Family: ‘Rest In Power, Uncle Sheiky’
- Kris Statlander Retains TBS Championship, AEW Rampage To Feature Big Women’s Match