AEW President and CEO Tony Khan has taken a not-very-subtle dig at WWE changing the location of the upcoming Money in the Bank event.
The decision was made due to disappointing ticket sales, with the show being moved from Allegiant Stadium to the smaller MGM Grand Arena.
Khan has taken to Twitter today, making sure to mention that he got to “break the news” about the change to UFC President Dana White.
Yesterday: one of my favorite days, including
-great visits with fans + media
-a trip to LA for the most fulfilling meeting of my life with @wbd leadership
-dinner with my Dad + Dana White, where I got to break the news to Dana about MITB moving to MGM
Today: #AEWRampage on TNT!
He then added:
Genius move trying to take on Dana and the UFC in Vegas during International Fight Week.
See you tonight on Friday Night #AEWRampage on @tntdrama at a special time tonight 6:30pm ET/5:30pm CT/4:30pm MT/3:30pm PT!
It’s obviously a big week for Tony Khan and he must be very excited about Double Or Nothing, but you won’t be surprised to hear that his tweets have received a polarising reaction.
Khan isn’t the first major AEW name to take a dig at the situation, as CM Punk did the same yesterday.
- Another AEW Star Clears Twitter Amid Contract Expiry Speculation
- Backstage Details On AEW Stars Appearing On Raw, Jon Moxley Injury Update, Vince McMahon Allegations – Audio News Bulletin – June 28, 2022
- Fans Speculate AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired Following Cryptic Tweet
- Kevin Owens Misses WWE Raw Due To ‘Minor Situation’
- Luke Owen Reviews WWE Raw – June 27, 2022
- AEW Star Jake Atlas Domestic Violence Case Dropped
- Cody Rhodes Appears On June 27 WWE Raw
- Latest On Sasha Banks & Naomi WWE Statuses
- John Cena Says He Doesn’t Know When His Next Match Is During Raw Return
- Jon Moxley Clarifies Injury Status After Forbidden Door