AEW President and CEO Tony Khan has taken a not-very-subtle dig at WWE changing the location of the upcoming Money in the Bank event.
The decision was made due to disappointing ticket sales, with the show being moved from Allegiant Stadium to the smaller MGM Grand Arena.
Khan has taken to Twitter today, making sure to mention that he got to “break the news” about the change to UFC President Dana White.
Yesterday: one of my favorite days, including
-great visits with fans + media
-a trip to LA for the most fulfilling meeting of my life with @wbd leadership
-dinner with my Dad + Dana White, where I got to break the news to Dana about MITB moving to MGM
Today: #AEWRampage on TNT!
He then added:
Genius move trying to take on Dana and the UFC in Vegas during International Fight Week.
See you tonight on Friday Night #AEWRampage on @tntdrama at a special time tonight 6:30pm ET/5:30pm CT/4:30pm MT/3:30pm PT!
It’s obviously a big week for Tony Khan and he must be very excited about Double Or Nothing, but you won’t be surprised to hear that his tweets have received a polarising reaction.
Khan isn’t the first major AEW name to take a dig at the situation, as CM Punk did the same yesterday.
- WWE Ends 36-Year Tradition
- Major Bryan Danielson Update Following AEW Collision Injury Scare
- WWE Star Ruled Out For 8-12 Months With Legitimate Injury
- 14 New WWE Signings Confirmed
- Popular AEW Star Nearing Return After Over A Year Away?
- Rhea Ripley & Other Stars React To Incredible Moment At WWE Event
- AEW Star Returns After Eight Months Off TV
- Video Footage Of Brock Lesnar’s Daughter Shattering Records For Shot Put
- Potential New Member Of Christian Cage’s AEW Faction Revealed?
- AEW Champion Attacked Backstage, Unable To Compete