The Undertaker made an appearance on the Raw 30 show back in January, surprising the live crowd by appearing as the ‘American Badass’ for his segment with Bray Wyatt and LA Knight.
Since Taker retired from the ring, he has begun to pull the curtain back on his character, and let fans more into the life of Mark Calaway.
The shift from Undertaker to Mark Calaway led to him making a lot fewer appearances as the Deadman, and we could have seen the last of the iconic character on WWE television.
When discussing the appearance at Raw 30 with Ariel Helwani, Taker said that those within the company had a ‘different vision’, believing he was going to come out with his classic hat and coat.
“They had a different vision. They didn’t even know that I wasn’t going to have the hat and coat. They totally thought I was coming [out as] old Undertaker.
“I was like, no. That’s part of me and the storytelling, right? When I lifted the curtain, and when I lifted it back and pulled it back, that’s gone. It’s gone now.”
Helwani asked Taker if he was done with that iconic part of his career, to which Taker confirmed:
“I won’t bring the hat and coat back out, no.”
Taker went on to add that, now that he is a public speaker and does regular interviews, he doesn’t believe the Deadman character can be portrayed in that way anymore.
transcription via Fightful
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Latest News On CM Punk AEW Return After Recent Teases
- Top AEW Stars Written Off TV For ‘A Few Months’?
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- Major Tease AEW Stars Could Leave The Company
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Saturday, March 25
- Real Reason Top Star Missed AEW Dynamite