An update has emerged on whether STARDOM will play any role at the announced AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door crossover show.
During Wednesday’s edition of Dynamite, AEW President Tony Khan and NJPW President Takami Ohbari revealed that the two promotions will join forces for an event on June 26 in Chicago.
Following the announcement, many fans questioned whether all-women’s promotion STARDOM will be involved with the event, especially with AEW’s recent focus on its women’s division.
Per Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, STARDOM was not part of this deal. It was pointed out that the promotion has its own ‘Fight In The Top‘ pay-per-view event scheduled for June 26.
Bushiroad, NJPW’s parent company, purchased STARDOM in October 2019. NJPW has occasionally played host to STARDOM exhibition matches since, with Tam Nakano & Saya Kamitani notably teaming to face off against Mayu Iwatani & Starlight Kid at Wrestle Kingdom 16 in January.
Many fans have discussed their dream match-ups for the upcoming AEW x NJPW event.
You can read our predictions for the Forbidden Door match line-up right here.
- CM Punk Sends Message About WWE Locker Room After Raw
- CM Punk Plans Changed On WWE Raw, Real Reason Confirmed
- Anonymous WWE Star Addresses CM Punk Backstage Behavior At Raw, More Reactions Revealed
- AEW Star Backstage ‘Frustrations’ Ahead Of Imminent Departure Revealed
- Update On WWE’s Interest In QT Marshall, More Details On AEW Departure
- Changes Made To WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- CM Punk’s First WWE Feud Confirmed
- Drew McIntyre Backstage Incident Update After WWE Raw
- Long-Running WWE Program Ends
- AJ Lee WWE Update After Reference During CM Punk Raw Promo