An update has emerged on whether STARDOM will play any role at the announced AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door crossover show.
During Wednesday’s edition of Dynamite, AEW President Tony Khan and NJPW President Takami Ohbari revealed that the two promotions will join forces for an event on June 26 in Chicago.
Following the announcement, many fans questioned whether all-women’s promotion STARDOM will be involved with the event, especially with AEW’s recent focus on its women’s division.
Per Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, STARDOM was not part of this deal. It was pointed out that the promotion has its own ‘Fight In The Top‘ pay-per-view event scheduled for June 26.
Bushiroad, NJPW’s parent company, purchased STARDOM in October 2019. NJPW has occasionally played host to STARDOM exhibition matches since, with Tam Nakano & Saya Kamitani notably teaming to face off against Mayu Iwatani & Starlight Kid at Wrestle Kingdom 16 in January.
Many fans have discussed their dream match-ups for the upcoming AEW x NJPW event.
You can read our predictions for the Forbidden Door match line-up right here.
- Former ROH Stars At WWE Tryout
- Winners Of ‘Wildcard’ Qualifiers For NXT Iron Survivor Challenge Revealed
- William Regal Referenced During NXT
- MLW Star Richard Holliday Publicly Reveals Cancer Diagnosis
- The Usos Respond To Criticism Over PWI Tag Team 100 Ranking
- WWE Star ‘Very Apologetic’ After Botch During Raw
- Former WWE World Champion Set For Title Match At NXT Deadline
- WWE Star Takes Another Shot At Kenny Omega
- Update On Plans For The AEW Fight Forever Video Game
- AEW Star Hopes Partnership Doesn’t End At ROH Final Battle