Cast your minds back to when we first found out that Sasha Banks and Naomi had walked out of WWE Raw, and you’ll remember a bizarre statement posted on WWE.com regarding the incident.
While making sure they buried both Banks and Naomi several times, WWE also claimed the two women refused to work with some WWE stars, but did not specify who they were referring to.
However, it was certainly worded in a way that made it sound like it was one of the other four women in the planned six-way – Doudrop, Nikki ASH, Becky Lynch and Asuka.
Writing in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer has given insight into who WWE was actually talking about in their statement.
One is that the WWE’s statement of them not wanting to work with two of the women even though they had in the past indicated it was two of the women in the six-way. While for legal reasons Banks & Naomi haven’t talked, they did make sure to get their message out on Twitter through an intermediary and denied having any issue with working with any of the six women. It appears the WWE statement actually meant Belair and Rousey, but it was misleading.
It was reported the plan for Banks and Naomi was to have them both become number one contenders for the Raw and SmackDown women’s championships, but both would then lose to Rousey and Belair respectively.
Instead, Belair will defend her title against Becky Lynch and Asuka in a triple threat match at Hell in a Cell, while Rousey is currently without a challenger for next weekend’s Premium Live Event.
- AEW Stars’ Contracts Expire, Sasha Banks WWE Release Updates, Even More Injuries – Audio News Bulletin – June 29, 2022
- Troy ‘Two Dimes’ Donovan Hilariously Reacts To NXT TV Write-Off
- Another Claim Made Regarding Sasha Banks WWE Release
- WWE Star Kevin Owens Missed Raw Due To Injury
- LIVE RESULTS – AEW Dynamite Blood & Guts – June 29, 2022
- Orange Cassidy & Title Match Added To AEW Blood & Guts
- Bellator MMA Fighter Valerie Loureda Signs With WWE
- Wardlow Doesn’t Rule Out Signing With WWE
- CJ Perry (Lana) Pulls Out Of Authors Of Pain’s New Promotion Debut Show
- Miro Says AEW TNT Title Has ‘Gone To S**ts’