WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions Sasha Banks and Naomi legitimately walked out of last night’s (May 16) WWE Raw show, causing an on the fly change to the main event.
PWInsider Elite (subscription required) is reporting that the original plan for Raw would have seen Banks and Naomi feature in two or three segments during the show, building up the idea that they would be facing off in the main event. Raw would have gone off the air with the pair celebrating that Naomi was going to face Belair at Hell in the Cell.
The storyline idea was that Naomi would go on to Hell In A Cell to lose to Belair, with some believing that at this week’s SmackDown, an angle would have also been shot for Sasha Banks to wrestle and lose to Ronda Rousey, likely also at HIAC. So, the Women’s Tag Team Champions would have effectively have been used to put over the Raw and Smackdown Women’s Championship titleholders.
PWInsider was told that, at some point during the day, likely after the initial concerns about creative were raised, there was an alternative idea that would have seen Banks and Naomi have a short tag team match instead, and be beat down after to set up a different program. One source cited Nikki ASH and Doudrop as their opponents, but that was not 100% confirmed to be the case.
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- WWE NXT No Mercy Main Event Revealed
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- OUT NOW – WrestleTalk’s ‘Wrestling Unmasked’: Ripping The Mask Off The Crime, Politics And Intrigue Beyond The Ring
- Jade Cargill Shares Interesting Tease Ahead Of WWE Debut