NJPW star Will Ospreay recently spoke about how he has no plans to go to WWE during his career, and is happy continuing his run in New Japan Pro Wrestling.
However, Ospreay has now elaborated further on his comments. Speaking to the Wresthings podcast, Ospreay explained that he doesn’t believe that WWE stars are wrestlers, but rather actors.
“You guys aren’t wrestlers, you’re actors and you just do wrestling and I don’t think that’s a dig. You guys make way more money than me like, good on you, but I just feel like when I say proudly, ‘That’s a wrestler. I am a wrestler, I am not an actor. But I know you guys can wrestle, you’re just not really allowed to show it, I guess. But other than you want to make a lot of money and retire, that’s what WWE is kind of for these days.”
Ospreay also recently spoke about former AEW World Champion Kenny Omega, and how he isn’t on good terms with him right now.
Ospreay also commented on which members of the AEW roster he would want to face at the upcoming Forbidden Door show.
Ospreay is the leader of the United Empire in NJPW, whose members Jeff Cobb and Great-O-Khan made a surprise appearance on last night’s AEW Dynamite show.
transcription via SEScoops
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- WWE NXT No Mercy Main Event Revealed
- LA Knight Teaming With John Cena & More Additions To WWE Fastlane 2023
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed
- NXT Star Appears On SmackDown, Teases Main Roster Match
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company