NJPW star Will Ospreay recently spoke about how he has no plans to go to WWE during his career, and is happy continuing his run in New Japan Pro Wrestling.
However, Ospreay has now elaborated further on his comments. Speaking to the Wresthings podcast, Ospreay explained that he doesn’t believe that WWE stars are wrestlers, but rather actors.
“You guys aren’t wrestlers, you’re actors and you just do wrestling and I don’t think that’s a dig. You guys make way more money than me like, good on you, but I just feel like when I say proudly, ‘That’s a wrestler. I am a wrestler, I am not an actor. But I know you guys can wrestle, you’re just not really allowed to show it, I guess. But other than you want to make a lot of money and retire, that’s what WWE is kind of for these days.”
Ospreay also recently spoke about former AEW World Champion Kenny Omega, and how he isn’t on good terms with him right now.
Ospreay also commented on which members of the AEW roster he would want to face at the upcoming Forbidden Door show.
Ospreay is the leader of the United Empire in NJPW, whose members Jeff Cobb and Great-O-Khan made a surprise appearance on last night’s AEW Dynamite show.
transcription via SEScoops
- AEW Stars’ Contracts Expire, Sasha Banks WWE Release Updates, Even More Injuries – Audio News Bulletin – June 29, 2022
- Troy ‘Two Dimes’ Donovan Hilariously Reacts To NXT TV Write-Off
- LIVE RESULTS – AEW Dynamite Blood & Guts – June 29, 2022
- WWE Star Kevin Owens Missed Raw Due To Injury
- Another Claim Made Regarding Sasha Banks WWE Release
- Orange Cassidy & Title Match Added To AEW Blood & Guts
- Bellator MMA Fighter Valerie Loureda Signs With WWE
- CJ Perry (Lana) Pulls Out Of Authors Of Pain’s New Promotion Debut Show
- Wardlow Doesn’t Rule Out Signing With WWE
- Miro Says AEW TNT Title Has ‘Gone To S**ts’