Former WWE star Harry Smith (Davey Boy Smith Jr) has revealed his future goals, noting that he’d be open to a WWE return, under a certain condition.
Following reports that he was returning to the company, Smith wrestled a dark match at the July 16, 2021 SmackDown taping, the first show back in front of fans since WrestleMania 37.
He didn’t wrestle another match for the company, or appear on TV ahead of his WWE release that November.
Speaking on the Straight Talk Wrestling podcast, Smith noted that he’d be open to a WWE return if more was planned for his run.
Also revealing that one of his current aims is to return to Japan, Smith said:
“I would like to go to Japan again at some point and that’s kind of where — not ‘main focus’, but that’s where the goal is to go next and I’ve seen Pro Wrestling NOAH’s been doing some great stuff lately and their business is really coming back up and I worked with them before so that may be an option, and I heard Kiyoshi Tamura’s starting a new sort of like shoot wrestling company called GLEAT over in Japan, that Josh Barnett’s gonna be a part of so, I’m definitely very interested in that as well.
“So, I’m going to be researching that and — but yeah, (I’d) love to go to Japan again and you know, if the doors are back — if there’s an opportunity to go back to WWE if there’s an actual direction for me, then, you know, I think that there’s still some — definitely some mileage and some great stuff that they can do with me there and I would like to just — sometimes, gotta be the right timing.”
There have been over 20 names who have left WWE this year so far. You can read a list of every 2022 departure at this link.
Transcription via POST Wrestling.
- Scrapped Pitch For Sting AEW Retirement Revealed
- Bayley Reacts To Dakota Kai & Damage CTRL WWE Betrayal
- Potential WWE Signing Recalls Conversations With Shawn Michaels
- AEW Star Contract Expiry Update
- WWE Star Praises AEW’s Sting For Going Out On His Own Terms
- Details On WWE Star’s Role In Upcoming Movie
- AEW Star Set For Return Match Against Brother
- Cody Rhodes Sends Message To Sting Ahead Of AEW Revolution Retirement
- Former AEW Star’s WWE Return Match Announced
- Sting’s Son Shares Emotional Message Ahead Of AEW Revolution Retirement Match