Will Ospreay has won the 2019 Best of the Super Juniors tournament. He also became the first man to pin Shingo Takagi in New Japan Pro Wrestling.
Ospreay bested Takagi by hitting a Spanish Fly, a hook kick, a Hidden Blade, a top-rope Oscutter, and a Stormbreaker. This is Ospreay’s second Best of the Super Juniors tournament victory. He had previously won the 2016 tournament and had been the runner-up in the 2017 tournament.
He had finished the tournament with a 7-2 record in the B-Block. His only loses came against El Phantasmo and Robbie Eagles. Meanwhile, Shingo Takagi had gone undefeated before his loss in the finals.
Will Ospreay will now compete for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship against Dragon Lee at Dominion. The event will take place this Sunday, June 9th. Following his tournament victory, Ospreay said that he wanted continue to face junior heavyweights while also facing the heavyweight division.
Did you watch the Best of the Super Juniors Finals? Let us know in the comments below, on Twitter or on Discord!
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Latest News On CM Punk AEW Return After Recent Teases
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- Top AEW Stars Written Off TV For ‘A Few Months’?
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- Major Tease AEW Stars Could Leave The Company
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Saturday, March 25
- Real Reason Top Star Missed AEW Dynamite