William Regal addressed the vacant NXT Championship with a historic announcement. In the opening segment of the August 26, 2020 edition of NXT, Karrion Kross relinquished the NXT Title due to injury.
Later a meeting of the minds between Triple H, William Regal, Shawn Michaels, and Matt Bloom was shown. The quartet of NXT officials was deciding on how they would decide the next NXT Champion.
They came up a banger of an announcement. Adam Cole, Johnny Gargano, Tommaso Ciampa, and Finn Balor will be participating in a 4-way, 60 Minute, Ironman Match on the Tuesday edition of NXT next week.
Next week, on a special TUESDAY edition of #WWENXT, former 4 #NXTChampions will collide for the vacant #NXTTitle.
Those competitors are…
…and it will be in a 4-Way 60 minute #IronManMatch!!!! pic.twitter.com/0J0Yq451nj
— WWE (@WWE) August 27, 2020
NXT is moving to Tuesday. They are calling the show Super Tuesday.
This match will be the main event and should take the entire second hour of the show. With NXT running on a new night and unopposed, this match should be a ratings draw to get viewers to make sure they catch the show.
All of these men have held the NXT Title before. Whoever wins will be a multi-time champion. While it seemed NXT could be heading in new directions with the departure of Keith Lee and rumors of Ciampa and Cole heading to the main roster, it seems we could be heading back to the future with one of these guys.
Which wrestler do you want to win the title? Let us know on Twitter.
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return