An emotional in-ring moment ahead of a big title match at WWE’s premium live event live in San Juan, Puerto Rico at Backlash.
There was a powerful in-ring moment at tonight’s premium live event, WWE Backlash as Zelina Vega took on Rhea Ripley for the WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship.
Zelina Vega made a massive entrance ahead of her match against WWE SmackDown Women’s Champion Rhea Ripley at WWE Backlash.
With the Puerto Rico crowd overjoyed to see her, she greeted her family at ringside as Michael Cole told fans watching at home that Vega was dedicating the match to the memory of her late Father.
Her Father tragically perished as a hero in the September 11th terrorist attack in New York City in 2001.
With several exciting near falls and even a tossed chancla (if you know, you know!) there were a lot of amazing moments in the match for Vega fans.
However in the end, the Eradicator Rhea Ripley proved that she was indeed, that bloody good as she bested Vega via pinfall.
Elsewhere on tonight’s WWE Backlash, the opening bout saw a big match between Bianca Belair and IYO SKY which you can read more about by clicking here.
The full card for WWE Backlash is as follows:
San Juan Street Fight – Bad Bunny vs. Damian Priest
Cody Rhodes vs. Brock Lesnar
Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens & Matt Riddle vs. Solo Sikoa & The Usos
SmackDown Women’s Championship – Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Zelina Vega
Raw Women’s Championship – Bianca Belair (c) vs. IYO SKY
United States Championship – Austin Theory (c) vs. Bronson Reed vs. Bobby Lashley
Seth ‘Freakin’ Rollins vs. Omos
Take it ALL in, @ZelinaVegaWWE. ❤️🥲#WWEBacklash pic.twitter.com/j0LQ4AFSu9
— WWE (@WWE) May 7, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- Rikishi Reacts To Bloodline Implosion At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023