With WWE celebrating Edge’s 25th anniversary in the company, a Monday Night Raw star has revealed that the Hall of Famer reached out to help him with his promos.
In a video uploaded to WWE’s YouTube channel in which several stars reflect on Edge’s legendary career and share personal reflections, Apollo Crews told a story from 2020 that meant a lot to him.
“He had reached out to me when he sat with his triceps injury and wanted to help me with some of my promo work and he helped me a lot to find that comfort and just being comfortable on camera and being comfortable on a microphone.”
“Thank you for all the help and for taking your time to sit down and help me become a better WWE Superstar.
“Congratulations again and wish you nothing but the best.”
While WWE have been promoting Edge’s quarter-century milestone heavily on their social media platforms, he hasn’t wrestled in over a month.
The Rated-R-Superstar’s last match was a three-way with AJ Styles and Rey Mysterio on the May 12, Smackdown in the World Heavyweight Championship tournament first round.
It has been heavily speculated that an upcoming SmackDown show in Toronto, Canada could in fact be the Rated-R Superstar’s last, to read more follow this link here.
To read another WWE star’s heartfelt tribute to Edge’s career click here.
Transcript courtesy of Fightful
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Scrapped Championship Win Plans For Released WWE Star Revealed
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match
- Major Spoiler For Jade Cargill WWE Debut?
- Which WWE Brand Jade Cargill Is Expected To Debut On Revealed
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Tony Khan Interested In Free Agent Rumored To Join AEW Or WWE
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Winning Back The NXT North American Championship
- Unseen Footage Of Surprise Return On WWE Raw
- Bryan Danielson Lists Dream Opponents For Final Full-Time Year In AEW
- WWE Star Says Jade Cargill Would Be A Good Fit For His Faction