A WWE name has explained why Becky Lynch’s title win is a positive for NXT.
On the September 12 edition of WWE NXT, Becky Lynch defeated Tiffany Stratton to win the NXT Women’s Championship in the main event.
The episode was a huge ratings success for NXT as this week’s show drew 850,000 viewers and 0.26 in the 18-49 demographic. This is the highest viewership for the show since October 28, 2020.
On the latest edition of WWE’s After The Bell With Corey Graves & Kevin Patrick, Graves discussed how Lynch provided a big boost for the developmental brand this week. He said:
“Maybe you only watch Monday Night Raw, but ‘Becky Lynch is my favorite. I’m going to watch everything Becky does.”
“Oh, she’s going to ‘NXT.’ I’m going to watch this.’ While you’re watching, while you’re waiting to see ‘The Man’ do her thing, you are now exposed to the rest of the ‘NXT’ roster,”
“You get to see what the ‘NXT’ roster is capable of. You also now have a measuring stick.”
“Internally, from a business perspective, the higher-ups, the officials in WWE can look and say, ‘All right, we know what Becky can do. This woman won the main event of WrestleMania. How does Tiffany compare? No one expects Tiffany to be on that level yet, but can Tiffany hang? Is Tiffany capable of maybe a bigger opportunity, a bigger spotlight?'”
Graves went on to state that he believes the opportunity to face Becky Lynch in NXT will serve multiple purposes in allowing NXT talent to prove themselves and also bringing more eyes to the product.
The Lynch vs. Stratton match drew over one million viewers for the final eight minutes of the bout that took place during the overrun for this past Tuesday’s NXT.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Think you know the most about wrestling? Join our Wrestle League predictions competition for free, and be in with the chance of winning $250 of Amazon vouchers. Make sure you subscribe to email notifications to make sure you never miss a show.
- Update On Former WWE Stars Signing New WWE Deals
- WWE Announces Drew McIntyre’s Next Move After Releasing Matt Riddle
- WWE Name Claims Dolph Ziggler ‘Didn’t Change With The Times’ Before Being Released
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- WWE Legend Shares Heartfelt Message For Dolph Ziggler After Release
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Anoa’i Family Member Pitches Two New Members Of The Bloodline
- Top Dolla Addresses WWE Future Of Hit Row Teammates After His Release
- AEW’s Saraya Says Ring Gear Collection Has Gone Missing
- Popular AEW Star Stepping Away From Indie Wrestling