More has potentially been revealed about a new WWE championship belt in the works as WrestleMania 39 rapidly approaches.
WWE are reportedly set to introduce a new championship belt, with the design already having been approved.
Now a WWE belt historian on Twitter weighed in with their intel, saying:
“Since I’m being asked:
“I haven’t heard anything recent about a new WWE belt.
“Early 2022 I heard the Big Gold was pitched as Universal replacement. + Vince wanted a new unified belt for WM 40.
“I haven’t heard anything in a very long time but could be I’m out of the loop.”
According to GiveMeSport, WrestleVotes has confirmed the plans, indicating that the belt is not only approved, but ready to go.
With WrestleVotes quoted as saying in an exclusive report to Louis Dangoor:
“There’s a new belt. I don’t know for sure if it’s getting a new name. I don’t know if one of the titles is going away, but there’s a new belt that WWE has had made and the decision-makers have approved.
“Like, if they wanted to introduce it on TV tomorrow, they could. Those boxes are checked.”
We’ll have to stay tuned to see when a new WWE belt may debut!
You can keep up with all the latest news from WWE by clicking this link.
Since I'm being asked:
I haven't heard anything recent about a new WWE belt.
Early 2022 I heard the Big Gold was pitched as Universal replacement. + Vince wanted a new unified belt for WM 40.
I haven't heard anything in a very long time but could be I'm out of the loop.
— Dan Beltzer (@BeltFanDan) March 27, 2023
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- Rikishi Reacts To Bloodline Implosion At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023