Taking to Twitter, Andrew Zarian has revealed that WWE originally wanted Brock Lesnar to appear at SummerSlam this year, before shifting their attention to John Cena for the show’s main event.
WWE originally wanted a deal set for Brock for SummerSlam and ended up pivoting to Cena for the main event.
This comes after it was reported that WWE is hoping to have SummerSlam in August main evented by a huge Universal Championship showdown between John Cena and Roman Reigns.
Today, it was reported that WWE is hoping to have Brock Lesnar return “imminently”, with WWE holding positive talks with “The Beast” recently, suggesting that Brock may still be at SummerSlam this summer.
There is no word on if WWE was planning on having Brock Lesnar face Roman Reigns for it seemed like the former UFC star wouldn’t be able to wrestle on the show, or if the company was hoping to have him work with someone else.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- WWE Management ‘Happy’ With NXT Call-Ups’ Main Roster Debut
- Brock Lesnar Could Break Surprising WWE Record
- Major AEW Star ‘Bewildered’ He Could Walk Away After Recent Match
- Bryan Danielson & Kazuchika Okada React To Forbidden Door 2023 Match
- WWE SmackDown Segment’s Staggering Numbers Smash Social Media Records