An intergender match took place on tonight’s (December 19) episode of Monday Night Raw.
The first match of tonight’s show saw the Street Profits take on Finn Balor and Damian Priest of the Judgment Day in tag team action.
Akira Tozawa accompanied the Profits, while Rhea Ripley and Dominik Mysterio accompanied the other Judgment Day members.
Dominik was wearing sunglasses, still selling the effects of the mist to the face he took from Asuka on last week’s show.
The match ended with Tozawa throwing the drink from the Street Profits’ red solo cup in Dominik’s face, distracting Balor, allowing Montez Ford to roll him up for the win.
After the match, Rhea got in the face of Tozawa and slapped him, before challenging him to a match on the show.
Intergender matches have not happened in WWE very often if at all since the company went PG back in 2008.
The last intergender match in WWE saw Becky Lynch quickly dispose of James Ellsworth back in 2017, with Ellsworth not landing a move in a squash defeat.
Tozawa was able to execute a move on Ripley during the bout, dropping her with a Hurricanrana.
Ultimately it was Rhea who scored the win in the match with the Riptide.
WHAT?!@RheaRipley_WWE just challenged @TozawaAkira to a match UP NEXT on #WWERaw! pic.twitter.com/7xAX6ygsBr
— WWE (@WWE) December 20, 2022
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Cody Rhodes Claims He Almost Got Into A Backstage Fight With Top WWE Star
- Final 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductee Revealed
- Update On WWE’s Confidence In Signing Jay White & Kota Ibushi
- Carmella WWE Absence Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Vince McMahon ‘Not That Involved’ In WWE Creative Says Nick Khan
- PHOTOS: First Look At WrestleMania 39 Stage
- Pat McAfee WrestleMania 39 Status Revealed
- Former WWE NXT Star Makes AEW Debut
- Top AEW Name Says AEW Needs CM Punk & Believes He Will Be Back
- Backstage Frustrations With Ronda Rousey Vs Liv Morgan Match Revealed