An update has been provided on the status of two former ROH stars who took part in a WWE tryout and were spotted on NXT television.
Vincent and Dutch of The Righteous were spotted on an episode of WWE NXT in December 2022, leading to speculation that they had both signed for the company.
It was later confirmed that the pair had been part of WWE tryouts at the Performance Center and there was a further rumor that they were part of the Wyatt 6 group.
Dave Meltzer has addressed the status of Vince and Dutch in the current Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required), writing:
“Regarding questions on Vincent and Dutch, they had a tryout a few months ago but haven’t been signed, nor as far as we know, turned down either.
“The idea at the time was for them to be part of Bray Wyatt’s stable. It was described to me as a wait-and-see situation.”
Vincent would join Impact Wrestling in January 2022, making his debut at Hard to Kill and would leave the company in October of that year.
He has continued to work with Dutch on the independent wrestling scene.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?