The WWE stock price reaches highest total since 2019 on July 25 following Vince McMahon’s retirement announcement.
WWE stock closed at $71.81 on Monday, July 25. That number is up 8.44% from Friday’s closing number of $66.25.
After the market closed on Friday, Vince McMahon announced his decision to retire at the age of 77. Stephanie McMahon and Nick Khan were named co-CEOs of WWE following the news.
On Monday, the company announced that Triple H would lead creative for the main roster moving forward.
The stock hit a high of $73.22 at 11:22AM EST.
Shares of WWE stock are up over 40% year to date. It’s the highest the stock has been since September 2019 when the price hit $73.65. In January 2022, the stock had dropped to $48.70.
The previous high was just one month prior to the company’s move to FOX for SmackDown.
As previously noted, it was reported today that WWE filed a 8-K form stating that $14.6 million in payments made by Vince McMahon should have been recorded as company expenses.
For all further updates on Vince McMahon and the ongoing situation, click here.
For the last major update on the sexual misconduct allegations against Vince McMahon, click here.
- More WWE Stars Released
- Report: WWE Terminates Relationship Over ‘Breach Of Contract’
- Another Top WWE Star’s Contract Expiring In 2024
- Shock Title Change As AEW Star Seemingly Injured During Match At Dynamite Grand Slam
- Jon Moxley’s Diagnosis Revealed, Wasn’t Planned To Lose AEW International Championship At Dynamite Grand Slam
- Mustafa Ali Gone From WWE
- Former AEW Star Says Company Has ‘Too Much Freedom’
- WWE Elimination Chamber 2024 Set For Australia, Date & Location Confirmed
- WWE Announces SmackDown Returning To USA Network & More
- Major Spoiler For AEW Rampage Grand Slam 2023