WWE Hall of Famer Goldberg has opened up about his in-ring return, believing that his legacy has been somewhat tarnished.
Since Goldberg’s return to the ring in 2016, the former WCW star has wrestled 11 matches. Speaking with Sports Illustrated, Goldberg noted that he risks ruining his legacy every time he steps back between the ropes.
Prefering to focus on the future, Goldberg said:
“I have cemented a legacy. It’s been tarnished a little bit. There is a huge risk every time I come back, and that’s a challenge I’ve taken on. But looking at the whole, I am honoured and privileged to be Goldberg in the WCW days, and I am still honoured to be doing it today.
“I’m the last one that should pass judgment on his career. I try not to look back too often. I’m not a fatalist, but I don’t like the end of anything. If looking back brings me closer to the end, I’d rather wait until it’s over.
“I’m focused on what’s next, If they want to come back to me with something, we’ll talk. You never know what the future holds.”
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Character Spotlight Gameplay Clips