WWE is kicking off an effort to get the name of an upcoming town changed. The plan is to get the town renamed after King Corbin.
On January 12, 2020, WWE is hosting a live event at the Corbin Arena in Corbin, Kentucky. According to a report by the local CBS affiliate, WWE will have representatives standing near the Colonel Sanders statue collecting names on a petition to change the name of the town.
There were previously scheduled events for the town that were canceled. WWE will be honoring those tickets.
The @WWEUsos return to action on a jam-packed episode of #SmackDown TONIGHT LIVE at 8/7c on @FOXTV when they square off against King @BaronCorbinWWE & @HEELZiggler! https://t.co/yg9VcZ5cFA
— WWE (@WWE) January 10, 2020
However, if you live nearby, you can get free tickets by attending the King Corbin naming rally. Of course, you’ll also be ridiculed by your friends and family for supporting a town to be named after King Corbin.
There’s no word on whether or not Corbin, Kentucky is known for long-winded, poorly written promos that include bad dog jokes. It not, I’m sure that would be required for any town named King Corbin.
Corbin is still involved in a feud with Roman Reigns that many expect to continue through Royal Rumble. King Corbin wrestles on WWE SmackDown.
As always, WrestleTalk will be providing live coverage of SmackDown beginning tonight at 8pm.
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- New IMPACT World Champion Crowned
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- Major WWE Championship Match Announced For SmackDown In London