A five-man gauntlet match on WWE Raw tonight determined AJ Styles’ challenger for the United States Championship at SummerSlam on August 11, and Ricochet was the man who prevailed.
The match started with Rey Mysterio and Cesaro in the first round, and after an entertaining encounter it was Mysterio who won with the 619.
Next out was Sami Zayn, who ambushed Mysterio in an attempt to capitalize, but instead ended up with egg on his face as Rey rolled him up in seconds to advance to the next round against Andrade.
Andrade and Rey went at it as we know they can, with Andrade even landing the Three Amigos which Chavo Guerrero recently praised him for.
ONE MORE CHANCE.@KingRicochet is heading to #SummerSlam to challenge @AJStylesOrg for the #USTitle! #RAW pic.twitter.com/n53DtErDkB
— WWE (@WWE) July 30, 2019
Rey went for the 619, but Andrade caught him, landed a backbreaker and a Hammerlock DDT to win, but then proceeded to rip Rey’s mask off his face before Ricochet came out.
Ricochet then overcame Andrade in an acrobatic showcase to earn a rematch for the US Title.
Styles beat Ricochet to become the champion at Extreme Rules on July 14.
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Former WWE Star Arrives In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Appearance Rumours
- AEW Name Reveals Heartwarming Text From Rey Mysterio After Hall Of Fame Announcement
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Potential Spoiler On Major Musical Artist Set For WrestleMania 39
- Latest On Plans For AEW UK Debut
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens To Pay Tribute To Their Past At WrestleMania 39
- Big E Provides Latest Injury Update Amid WrestleMania Rumours