Speaking with TMZ Sports, WWE Chief Branding Officer Stephanie McMahon stated that the company is “very hopeful” that Ronda Rousey will return:
“Well, you know, Ronda’s been very public that she would like to start her own family and you know, once she does that, our doors are absolutely open, our arms are open. We are very hopeful that Ronda will come back home to WWE.”
Ronda Rousey was last seen on WWE TV at WrestleMania 35, when she was pinned by Becky Lynch in a triple threat main event that also featured Charlotte Flair.
WWE was reportedly hoping to have Ronda Rousey vs. Becky Lynch in a singles match at this year’s show, but based on the fact that neither woman has appeared on TV this year, that seems unlikely.
Some have speculated that Ronda Rousey is going to be returning as part of the women’s Royal Rumble this week to set up a big WrestleMnaia match, but that is mere speculation at this point.
At this point, there is no word on when WWE is actually hoping to have Rousey return to the company. For additional details on that, make sure you stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Leaked Footage Of Top WWE Star WrestleMania 39 Entrance Rehearsal Revealed
- Big Update On Uncle Howdy Status For WrestleMania 39 Weekend
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39
- New Latino World Order Debuts On SmackDown