With the exception of putting Roman Reigns in every PPV main event, Vince tends to send the fans home happy during the Big Four events. This isn’t always the case, however. Sometimes the WWE likes to build up our expectations only to dash them expertly against a wall like they were a Targaryen baby. So, on this week’s High 5: SummerSlam Special we’re going to explore all the times our hopes were crushed like a beer can against Belushi’s forehead.
Sometimes, it’s just a bad decision and sometimes it’s politics. Either way, there have been plenty of SummerSlam moments that have left us weeping and gnashing our teeth. Since there’s been more tragedy at SummerSlam than a Greek play, this list was rather hard to whittle down. Therefore, before we begin, a special shoutout to DDP and the late, great Chris Kanyon for taking that unnecessarily brutal ass-whoopin’ from the Brothers of Destruction at SummerSlam 2001.
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return