WWE’s busy road schedule continued last night when the superstars of Raw arrived in London, England, for a one-off show at the O2 Arena.
On Monday evening they were in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, for this week’s edition of the red show and this weekend they travel to Osaka, Japan (Friday) and Shanghai, China (Saturday) before travelling back to the United States for Raw in Columbus, Ohio. In two weeks time they will be in San Antonio, Texas, for Hell in a Cell.
In the main event of the evening, Roman Reigns defended the WWE Universal Championship against Braun Strowman, the man he will do battle with on September 16. In the closing moments of the contest, Reigns looked to prevail over the ‘Monster in the Bank’ until Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre interfered and caused a disqualification.
A post-match attack was halted by Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins. The evening ended when the Shield drove McIntyre through a table with their triple powerbomb.
In results from the rest of the show:
- Bobby Roode defeated Jinder Mahal. Following the match, Jinder refused to leave the ring and demanded another match. His request was answered by Bray Wyatt.
- Bray Wyatt whitewashed Jinder Mahal in a matter of seconds. It’s safe to say Jinder Mahal’s push in WWE is over.
- The Boss and Hug Connection and Natalya best the Riott Squad.
- Cedric Alexander rolled over Drew Gulak to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.
- The B-Team cracked the Revival and Titus Worldwide to retain the Raw Tag Team Championships.
- Elias and Bobby Lashley sang ‘Angels’ by Robbie Williams. Subsequent to the performance, Elias attacked but was demolished with a vertical suplex. What are WWE doing with Bobby Lashley?
- Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose prevailed over Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre.
- Finn Balor went over Baron Corbin. The acting Raw General Manager destroyed Balor after the bout and made a second match under no disqualification rules.
- Baron Corbin trashed Finn Balor in a No Disqualification Match. It’s time WWE split the pair. The feud is going nowhere.
- Ronda Rousey ran through Alexa Bliss to retain the Raw Women’s Championship.