All Elite Wrestling produced a new championship belt this week. After a year and a half, the original AEW Women’s World Championship belt was retired.
AEW celebrated the reign of Hikaru Shida on Dynamite. She passed one year as champion this week, having won the title at Double or Nothing 2020.
Tony Schiavone and Bryce Remsburg presented her with a new belt, which appeared to be bigger and made of more gold than silver.
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) May 29, 2021
Shida talked about how she is proud to share the title with the fans now that the fans have returned. It was here she was interrupted by her Double or Nothing opponent, Britt Baker.
Baker made her case for why she will be the face of the new era of wrestling, while congratulating Shida for being champion through the most difficult period in wrestling.
The AEW Women’s Championship has been the most criticized title design since its creation. It will be interesting to see if the new belt helps with the public perception of the title going forward.
- AEW Star Announces 2023 Will Be Their Last Year Wrestling
- Discussions For Shocking Star To Be Undertaker’s Son In WWE
- Seth Rollins Pays Tribute To Brodie Lee At WWE Live Event In Rochester (Video)
- Huge Update On William Regal WWE Return
- Kurt Angle Reveals Major WWE Star Wanted To Join TNA
- Triple H Was ‘Very Unhappy’ With Popular Star’s WWE Release
- Here Is When Tegan Nox’s WWE Return Was Finalised
- AEW Star Recalls Heartwarming ‘WrestleMania Moment’ With Kevin Owens
- Edge Heaps Praise On Three Top AEW Stars
- Major Celebrity Says ‘Lets Do It’ To WWE Match Against The Paul Brothers