Yet another top AEW star is reportedly out of action due to injury.
At AEW Dynamite: Road Rager on June 15, Christian Cage attacked Jungle Boy after Jurassic Express lost the AEW Tag Team Championship to the Young Bucks.
After the attack, Jungle Boy was stretchered out of the arena. While some were concerned that Jungle Boy was genuinely hurt, others speculated that the stretcher job could’ve been to sell the beatdown.
Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer has now confirmed that Jungle Boy is legitimately injured, noting that we can now ‘add Jungle Boy to the lengthy injury list for AEW.’
A number of top AEW stars are currently on the shelf, including AEW World Champion CM Punk, who is out of action with a foot injury. An interim AEW World Champion will be crowned at Forbidden Door on Sunday, with Jon Moxley and Hiroshi Tanahashi set to do battle for the gold.
Several other title matches have been announced for the AEW x NJPW crossover card, including a bout for the new All Atlantic Title. Check out the updated card for Forbidden Door right here.
Stay up to date with injured AEW stars’ expected return dates using our AEW injury tracker.
- Recently Departed WWE Name Signs With AEW
- WWE Star’s New Tag Team Partner Revealed?
- Liv Morgan Throws Shade At Former WWE Star Following Nickname Controversy?
- Triple H Ensures We Will ‘Witness History’ At WWE Elimination Chamber 2024
- AEW Star Turns Babyface
- WWE Star ‘Proud’ Of Roster Following Last-Minute Creative Plans Change
- Current AEW Champion Out Due To Visa Issues
- Randy Orton Comments On Vince McMahon WWE Allegations
- John Cena Addresses Vince McMahon WWE Allegations
- CM Punk Replaced By Top WWE Star Following Injury