Current AEW World Trios Champion Malakai Black has reflected on his time as a top star in NXT as Aleister Black.
Black was signed to WWE in June 2016 and would become NXT Champion in April 2017 at NXT TakeOver: New Orleans.
His tenure in WWE would see a move to the main roster in 2019 where he would remain until his release in June 2021, seeing him debut AEW in July of that year.
On a recent episode of The Undisputed Podcast, Black reflected on his time in NXT, saying to Bobby Fish:
“I remember when I was the quote-unquote, like, chosen one in NXT and I did not have a lot of friends because everybody wanted to be the chosen one, you know what I mean?
“I had a lot of people that did not like me because of that and I was just going like, ‘I’m sorry guys. I didn’t do anything on purpose’.
“But it was just the way that the industry was at the time and what the quote-unquote machine picked at that time.”
Black currently leads the House of Black in AEW where he is a World Trios Champion alongside Brody King and Buddy Matthews.
In the interview with Bobby Fish, he would reveal that he has requested to only appear on AEW Collision.
WWE’s Zelina Vega, Black’s real-life wife, has spoken about speculation and rumors during his hiatus from AEW.
Transcript from Post Wrestling.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Updated List Of Released WWE Stars
- Mustafa Ali Gone From WWE
- John Cena Sends Message To Dolph Ziggler After WWE Release
- The Rock Reacts To WWE Releases
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Elias Breaks Silence After Being Released By WWE
- Update On Mustafa Ali WWE Departure
- Big E Reacts To WWE Releasing Dolph Ziggler
- Valuation Of Upcoming WWE SmackDown USA Network Deal Revealed