AEW star John Silver doesn’t believe MJF should get a pay raise.
It has been nearly a month since MJF’s last appearance in All Elite Wrestling on the June 1 edition of AEW Dynamite with his scathing promo directed at Tony Khan following a rollercoaster Double Or Nothing weekend.
Various talent has commented on the contract situation with Maxwell Jacob Friedman with the latest being John Silver of the Dark Order.
Speaking on K&S WrestleFest virtual signing, Silver was asked if MJF is worthy of a pay raise.
“No. He actually should be paying the company to be on TV, I think. I’ve known him since he started. He should be paying them so he can be on TV. That’s what I think.”
Silver did say this while laughing, so he probably didn’t mean this entirely too serious. However, the Dark Order member did go on to explain why he believes MJF is not the “Salt of the Earth”, saying:
“MJF is standing when the plane lands. He’s up, he’s standing there, waiting obnoxiously. That’s all I really need to say.”
John Silver isn’t the only AEW star who has commented on MJF’s situation with former rivals Chris Jericho and Wardlow being among those who have addressed his current absence.
Keep track of John Silver’s win-loss record (for televised matches) at this link.
Quotes via Wrestling Inc.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Seth Rollins’ First World Heavyweight Championship Defence Confirmed For June 5 WWE Raw
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence
- Top WWE Star ‘Demanded’ Current Run
- WWE Star Teases ‘Big News’ For Next Week
- What Happened With The Bloodline On SmackDown June 2
- Another New Theme For WWE Tag Team
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- WWE Star Gets Married (Photo)
- WWE NXT Name Backstage At June 2 SmackDown Taping