An AEW star has noted that one big reason that he is with the company is that WWE wouldn’t medically clear him to compete.
Find out which AEW star recently discussed having been not medically cleared to compete by WWE’s medical team despite very much wishing to continue.
JD Drake said:
“But that was also when they went through and done their medical [testing], they said I wasn’t fit to compete, that I had too many issues with my knees, and this, that, and the other [thing].
“And for lack of getting into everything I said, because it got really bad at points, I basically flipped them the bird and said, ‘Hold my beer and watch.'”
Drake said that after having a conversation with William Regal (who was still with WWE at that time,) about how doctors were giving this advice for his own good, he was still not dissuaded from in-ring competition.
Afterwards JD Drake said he called Q.T. Marshall who began booking him for matches for AEW.
You can keep up with all the latest AEW news by clicking this link.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Who Advanced To The WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match From Raw
- What Sami Zayn Had To Say About The Bloodline Implosion On WWE Raw
- Update On Brock Lesnar WWE Schedule Ahead Of SummerSlam
- WWE Star To Confront Cody Rhodes On Tonight’s Raw (June 5)?
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW