More details have emerged on the backstage reaction to the MJF/AEW drama, with some talent reportedly unhappy with the situation.
MJF’s recent actions have been the talk of the wrestling world since Double or Nothing weekend. The star fuelled speculation with an intriguing promo on AEW Dynamite that blurred the lines between work and shoot.
Per Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there are some in the company unhappy, talent and executives being left in the dark.
“Due to the nature of the business, many wrestlers in the company, including key people, believed it to be a work, even from the start. Some just played it off like it’s wrestling and whatever, but others weren’t so happy about it. One noted being very unhappy about it believing that playing games with talent and keeping executives in the dark on key issues was something they had hoped this company would never do, and one called it a sloppy work that in the long run will benefit nobody.”
While the Dynamite MJF segment ended with his mic cutting out, an interesting rivalry was teased in a dark segment, after the broadcast went to commercials.
You can get caught up with all the facts on the MJF & Tony Khan ongoing saga by clicking this link.
We will continue to provide updates as they become available.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- Update On Current Champion WWE Has Legitimate Concerns About
- Unseen AEW Matches Coming Soon?
- AEW World Champion MJF Set For Surprising Indie Appearance