AEW Rampage is launching on August 13 and the company is working on some big television deals for the show.
Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio that AEW is working on television deals for countries outside of the United States. Here is the quote, courtesy of Ringside News:
“As far as everything else, there’s no television deal in the UK, but it will be on the Fite monthly subscription thing, so you’re going to get Rampage on that almost for sure, nothing has been announced, but that one is pretty much a given. None of this is confirmed, all this is talked about. They expect to be on TSN in Canada, live. TSN, when asked, said ‘stay tuned,’ so it’s not a done deal, but they are in talks.
“They are in strong talks to cover the show in Portuguese in Brazil and also in South America, and they are working on India, possibly live in India, and also Germany, Italy, France, and parts of Africa. Australia and New Zealand are looking to do a months subscription service, whatever the cost is.”
TNT has reportedly been very happy with the ratings for AEW Dynamite. If the company is able to produce a second successful show with Rampage, TNT will only get happier.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups