Details have emerged on another name hired by AEW during the company’s recent move to bring in more staff.
It was recently reported that AEW has been looking to hire more people ahead of the premiere of the company’s new Saturday show, Collision.
Several new names have signed with AEW, including former WWE and IMPACT creative team member Jimmy Jacobs.
PWInsider has now reported that former IMPACT and WWE developmental star Kevin Matthews has now joined the company.
Matthews was reportedly backstage at the June 14 Dynamite taping.
While Matthews’ exact position with AEW is still unclear, PWInsider reports that he’s working for AEW in a behind-the-scenes capacity.
AEW Collision will have its premiere episode this Saturday (June 17), and will feature the return of CM Punk.
On the show, Punk will team with FTR to face off against Samoa Joe, Jay White and Juice Robinson.
During Dynamite, a vignette aired featuring CM Punk ahead of his return to live AEW TV.
Following Dynamite, fans duelled with cheers and boos for CM Punk, which you can read more about right here.
For details on other matches announced for the first episode of Collision, click here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- High Praise For Released WWE Star Within AEW
- WWE Star ‘Miraculously’ Recovers From Injury
- LA Knight Teaming With John Cena & More Additions To WWE Fastlane 2023
- NXT Star Appears On SmackDown, Teases Main Roster Match
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Tiffany Stratton Reveals Why WWE Won’t Allow Her To Use ‘Barbie’ Nickname
- Tony Khan Doubles Down On WrestleDream 2023 Marking A ‘New Era In AEW’