A WrestleMania rematch has been added to the August 11 edition of WWE SmackDown.
At WWE WrestleMania 34, Charlotte Flair defeated Asuka to retain the SmackDown Women’s Championship and more importantly, ended The Empress of Tomorrow’s undefeated streak.
Since then, the two women have been rivals with a litany of bouts over the years including recently over the WWE Women’s Championship.
At WWE SummerSlam 2023, both women came up short as Bianca Belair defeated them to regain the gold. However, IYO SKY quickly cashed in the Money In The Bank contract to beat Belair to win the title.
On Friday afternoon, WWE announced that Charlotte Flair will go one-on-one with Asuka on the August 11 post-SummerSlam edition of SmackDown.
The company released the following statement on the bout:
Less than a week after losing the WWE Women’s Title in a Triple Threat Match at SummerSlam, Asuka will reignite her rivalry with “The Queen” Charlotte Flair as the two face off in singles action.
Flair and Bianca Belair challenged Asuka for her title in one of the four main events at SummerSlam, and despite Belair winning that match, IYO SKY cashed in mere moments later and quickly defeated The EST with a moonsault to become the new WWE Women’s Champion.
Now, Asuka and Flair square off in a match that SKY is sure to follow closely and will more than likely have championship implications.
Tune in to Friday Night SmackDown TONIGHT on FOX at 8/7 to see this matchup between two of the greatest Superstars in WWE!
TONIGHT on #SmackDown:
— WWE (@WWE) August 11, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Graphic Photo Of Becky Lynch Injury After NXT No Mercy 2023
- Edge ‘Too Loyal To WWE’ For AEW Debut Says Hall Of Famer
- New Update On Potential Edge AEW Debut Ahead Of WrestleDream
- WWE Faction Officially Breaking Up
- Carmelo Hayes Addresses NXT Championship Loss At No Mercy 2023
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy
- Bryan Danielson Discusses Edge Potentially Joining AEW Ahead Of WrestleDream
- Update On Canceled TV Series Featuring CM Punk
- Jon Moxley Pushing For AEW To Sign Top Free Agent