It’s being reported that backstage heat on Top Dolla likely led to his WWE release, as well as the rest of Hit Row.
It’s well-known that Top Dolla (AJ Francis) got on the bad side of a lot of fans, but apparently that was something that may have happened in the locker room too.
The latest Wrestling Observer writes:
While he came across well on television, he rubbed a ton of people the wrong way in NXT and was getting the same reputation on the main roster.
The Observer added that Vince McMahon saw Top Dolla as the star of Hit Row due to his size, and once the decision was made to release him, the others didn’t really stand much of a chance.
The group was called up to SmackDown in early October, but a month later B-Fab was released, followed by Top Dolla, Isaiah Scott and Ashante Adonis just a couple of weeks later.
They only had one match on SmackDown, which was Scott and Dolla beating two jobbers, but WWE had set up a match with Jinder Mahal and Shanky just last week.
- Brandi Rhodes Makes In-Ring Return For WWE
- PHOTOS: Sasha Banks Victim Of Car Break-In
- NXT UK Invasion On NXT Heatwave
- Santos Escobar Breaks Silence Following NXT Departure
- Fascinating Details On ‘Real-Life Animosity’ Between John Cena & The Rock
- WWE Spoils Result Of Upcoming Championship Match
- WWE Reaches Out To AEW Star, Brandi Rhodes WWE In-Ring Return, NXT UK Invades NXT 2.0 – News Bulletin – August 17, 2022
- AEW Star Kris Statlander Expected Out For 6-8 Months
- Renee Paquette Recalls Vince McMahon Laughing At Her For Needing To Pee
- Santos Escobar Banished From NXT After Losing To Tony D’Angelo