It’s being reported that backstage heat on Top Dolla likely led to his WWE release, as well as the rest of Hit Row.
It’s well-known that Top Dolla (AJ Francis) got on the bad side of a lot of fans, but apparently that was something that may have happened in the locker room too.
The latest Wrestling Observer writes:
While he came across well on television, he rubbed a ton of people the wrong way in NXT and was getting the same reputation on the main roster.
The Observer added that Vince McMahon saw Top Dolla as the star of Hit Row due to his size, and once the decision was made to release him, the others didn’t really stand much of a chance.
The group was called up to SmackDown in early October, but a month later B-Fab was released, followed by Top Dolla, Isaiah Scott and Ashante Adonis just a couple of weeks later.
They only had one match on SmackDown, which was Scott and Dolla beating two jobbers, but WWE had set up a match with Jinder Mahal and Shanky just last week.
- Former WWE Star Banned From Sting’s AEW Retirement Match
- Former WWE Star Alleges Incident ‘Worse’ Than Recent Vince McMahon Lawsuit
- Cody Rhodes Breaks Silence After Bloodline Attack On WWE Raw
- Cara Pipia Claims Ashley Massaro Was ‘Threatened’ To Keep Quiet About Alleged Rape, Vince McMahon & Stephanie McMahon Named
- WWE Star Seemingly Turning Heel
- ‘Massive Issue’ Caused By New Policy For Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone AEW Debut Show
- Untelevised Footage Of CM Punk Comments After WWE Raw Went Off Air
- WWE Star Confirms Torn ACL Injury
- WWE Star Not Seen For Six Months Teases Feud With Gunther
- Dominik Mysterio Addresses Claim WWE Crowd Reaction Is Fake