Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns has made headlines this morning (May 8), when a promo of him teasing his WWE departure at last night’s WWE live event went viral.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has provided an update on the promo, and the backstage reaction to the promo. Those backstage that Fightful spoke to after the promo say that he is still heavily figured into the company’s creative plans for the foreseeable future, and that he is not expected to leave ‘any time soon.’
The prospect of Reigns getting movie roles and eventually needing time off was something that many in the company have expected for a long time, particularly once he landed a spot in the ‘Hobbs & Shaw’ film. However, producers, staff and higher ups have said that they have not been informed of any extended scheduled time off for Roman.
One source indicated to Fightful that Reigns is likely to be accomodated and incentivized to keep WWE as his priority after they’ve focused programming around him, as WWE doesn’t see an end in sight with him factored in. This is in contrast from John Cena and The Rock, who aren’t expected to have full-time runs again in the company.
Another person in the company indicated that they believed Reigns was referencing that his schedule will likely eventually include less house show events. Reigns has yet to clarify or comment on the promo, so it’s worth noting this is speculation and words from those that work with him.
- Sami Zayn Makes Bold Statement On Twitter After Bloodline Betrayal At Royal Rumble
- Big News On John Cena WrestleMania 39 Schedule
- ‘Major Interest’ In Popular Free Agent, Fans Suspect AEW Or WWE
- New Sami Zayn Shirt Revealed Following WWE Royal Rumble
- Brandi Rhodes Comments On Departure From AEW
- NXT Star Teases WWE Main Roster Call-Up?
- Roman Reigns Reaction To Logan Paul Royal Rumble Performance
- WWE Match Mysteriously Pulled From Show With No Explanation
- Hilarious Cody Rhodes Pornstar Moment Has Fans’ Eyebrows Raising
- VIDEO: WWE 2K23 Official Gameplay Trailer