The backstage reaction to the drop in viewership for the September 12 edition of WWE Raw has now been revealed.
Monday’s show drew a total of 1.709 million viewers, with a 0.44 in the 18-49 demographic. Not only was this episode the first show in three weeks to drew less than 2 million viewers, the episode drew the lowest viewership figure of the ‘Triple H era’ of WWE Raw so far.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), some within WWE were expecting the viewership number to be even lower than the 1.709 million the show ultimately landed.
It is worth noting that WWE Raw was up against the return of Monday Night Football. The Denver Broncos vs. Seattle Seahawks game drew a total of 19.8 million viewers, and a combined 5.57 million in the 18-49 demo across ESPN, ABC and ESPN2.
On Raw, Dakota Kai & IYO SKY defeated Raquel Rodriquez & Aliyah to win the Women’s Tag Team Championship. Edge also faced off against Dominik Mysterio in singles action, before the Judgment Day interfered in the bout.
Following the match, the group attacked Edge’s leg with a chair, possibly to write him off of TV.
You can view WWE Raw TV ratings from every episode of 2022 so far right here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- The Miz Comments On Dolph Ziggler WWE Release
- Released WWE Star ‘Promises To Keep Going’ Following Release
- WWE Tag Team Returns On SmackDown
- Update On Former WWE Stars Signing New WWE Deals