A new report has indicated that Edge was written off TV on the Monday September 12 edition of WWE Raw.
On the show, Edge faced off against Dominik Mysterio in singles action. The match ended via disqualification following the Judgment Day’s interference, before the faction targeted Edge’s leg with a steel chair.
On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer pointed out that Edge’s current contract with WWE is only for a limited number of dates, noting:
“The thing with Edge though is, because he’s got a limited contract so he’s not around weekly, it felt like this was another injury angle.”
Edge formed the Judgment Day group with Damian Priest at WrestleMania 38 in April, before Rhea Ripley was added to the stable in May. In early June, Edge introduced Finn Balor to the faction, before Balor, Priest and Ripley kicked the Rated-R Superstar out.
Edge made his WWE return at SummerSlam on July 30, targeting Damian Priest and Finn Balor.
Dominik Mysterio notably turned on Edge and his father Rey Mysterio at the September 3 Clash At The Castle premium live event.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for televised matches in 2022 using our tracker right here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- ‘You Become A Liability’ – Current WWE Name Breaks Silence On Matt Riddle Being Released
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Big Change To WWE Fastlane Match Confirmed?
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- Update On WWE ‘Breach Of Contract’ Case
- AEW Star Medically Cleared Last-Minute For Dynamite Match
- Major Injury Update On Adam Cole For AEW WrestleDream