Billy Gunn has commented on the possibility of a New Age Outlaws reunion with Road Dogg (Brian James) in AEW.
Brian James was released from his WWE contract in January during the first round of Performance Center cuts of the year.
Following James expressing interest in a potential role with AEW, some fans speculated that he could return to the ring in the promotion, joining his former tag partner, Billy Gunn.
Speaking in a K & S WrestleFest virtual signing, Gunn noted that James appears to be done with wrestling completely, but noted that ‘we’re trying to get him here.’
Commenting on a potential AEW run, Gunn said:
“No, not reform New Age Outlaws (in AEW) because if you’ve seen Brian (‘Road Dogg’ James) lately, he’s not — doesn’t wanna wrestle anymore. I don’t know. We’re trying to get him there. He’s got other things going; his podcast that I have to hear about every single day.”
The possible role that James had previously shown interest in was a backstage position working with talent. James notably worked as a writer, producer and coach during his last run with WWE.
Over 20 on-screen names have left WWE so far this year. For a list of every WWE departure of 2022, click here.
Transcription via POST Wrestling.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win
- Details On ‘Mandatory’ AEW Backstage Meeting About ‘Dirt Sheets’ Revealed
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed